- Posted: 11/07/2013
- Job title: Tenure-track Positions in Neuroscience
- Number of positions available: 2
- Employer: The Department of Cell Biology & Neuroscience at the University of California
The Department of Cell Biology & Neuroscience ( http://cbns.ucr.edu/) at the University of California, Riverside seeks to appoint highly qualified neuroscientists at the rank of Assistant Professor who wish to build active research programs in the following areas:
(1) Glial-Neuronal Interactions/Synaptic Plasticity. Primary research interests would be directed toward, but not limited to, learning and memory, neuroendocrine regulation, reactive gliosis leading to altered brain function, and roles for glia in synapse formation and neurodegenerative disease.
(2) Neurogenesis/Neurodevelopment. Primary research interests are directed toward understanding molecular and cellular mechanisms of development, including neurogenesis, synaptogenesis, neural migration, origins and developmental programs of progenitor cells, and mechanisms of circuit formation.
Job Title: Assistant, Associate or Full Professor Positions in Biomedical Sciences
Employer: University of California Riverside School of Medicine
The Division of Biomedical Sciences within the newly-accredited School of Medicine at the University of California Riverside is seeking to hire two new faculty members at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. We are looking for accomplished research scientists in a number of specific areas including neoplastic, neurological, vascular, pulmonary and metabolic diseases. Preference will be given to those individuals examining the molecular mechanisms of these diseases who are committed to a collaborative approach to research, and who are expert in their specific disease model.