ISN Wiley Blackwell JNC International Lectureships
This Lectureship Scheme seeks to promote neurochemistry (defined broadly as molecular and cellular neurobiology) in those countries where the science is developing from a low base. This scheme recognizes the synergy between the International Society for Neurochemistry (ISN) through its journal, the Journal of Neurochemistry (JNC), and its publishers Wiley Blackwell, and the broad goal of the advancement of the science of neurochemistry throughout the world for the public benefit.
Its intent is to support a Plenary Lecture at the annual meetings of societies of neurochemistry, neuroscience or neurobiology in such countries by an eminent, international neuroscientist on a topic related to molecular and cellular neurobiology.
Applicants (a society or conference seeking to host a speaker; NO individuals) should provide the requested information and note the following guidelines:
1) Name, country, location and date of the meeting.
2) Contact details of the person making the application.
3) Contact details of the individual to deliver the
4) Anticipated title of the lecture
5) Funds must be directed solely to the expenses of the recipient of the should be used within 6 months of the award.
6) Where possible the the ISN-Wiley-Blackwell-JNC-International Lecturer will be introduced at the meeting by an ISN Officer or an appropriate delegate.
7) Funding will be provided on an 80:20 basis, with 80% of funds transferred to the society prior to the lecture and the remaining 20% provided on the receipt of a report (150 words approximately) plus photograph.